Tuesday, October 27, 2009

The guy I'm not-dating...

Mornin World,

dis-claimer- Please do not be offended. There is reference to religion. I cuss, curse, swear, whatever you prefer to call it. Bless those who r offended.
*nouns- people, places, things and situations. (you'll need that later)

So, I'm staying with this guy that I'm "not dating." We have been "not dating" since like April. Damn, that's like six months! We were just hanging out at first; it was suppose to be on some business shit. We met some years ago thru his friend that i kinda used to date. But like a lot of men in my business world, he started liking me, which blurs shit. I am a very attractive lady, true enough, but I am a lady about my business. I wanna make money, not whoopy. We made whoopy, no money. Now we both broke. But anyways, he invited me and my lil girl to come stay with him until I got my house winterized. At the moment I was like "naw, I'm cool," but then a couple of days later I thought about some other benefits of staying there. For one its less stuff to distract me from my work. Two, it may be more comfortable for my lil girl. I can't expect her to weather the storm because of me and my inadequecies. That night, I prayed about it and ask the LORD to make me more dependent upon him. Make me more dependent...OMG! what was I thinking?! Oh Lord, what are you going to do now???

See the big G works a little differently than most think. You say make me stronger, he puts more weight on you (like any strengthening coach would do). You ask to be more patient, he makes you wait longer. So I asked to be more dependent and... my lights were cut off by eight o'clock the next morning. Not due to lack of payment, but due to someone attempting to exercise power over me. Needless to say I was not financially prepared for such an episode. Fortunately, I was in the midst of praying when Mr. Electric Man clipped da lights, building up my spirit for the day. I felt it was going to be a doozy, but it wasn't. I had already decided to give the Creator glory in all situations.

Trust in the Lord with all your heart And do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He will make your paths straight. (Prov 3:5-6)

Some nouns* are not for us to understand rather for us accept, as-is. Don't you hate the term "as-is"? Its like you know something is going to be fucked up before you go forth with the decision. Think about that it means that you may have to adjust or adapt. It's easy to go with the flow, but can you roll with the punches?

At this point me and the guy I'm not-dating are not dating. We merely share space. We are not the business partners he likes to say we are. However, he still likes for me to play with Peter. He won't play with Pearl. And Peter and Pearl are not allowed to play together via both of our better judgement. wddd@? #killyoself! Did I mention he will only sleep in the bed if I sleep in the bed. I once told him before I was just his nightelight and coffeemaker. Check out the link; it's Drake w/Lykke Li- A little bit. It totally personifies the course of our relationship. Life is interesting. The seasons that come to pass. *smh* Thank God ALL seasons come to an end. And thats whats important. No matter what situation you are in, it's for a season and it will come to an end.

Love. Peace. & Hairgrease with you,

-[Miss]underSTOOD
http://www.imeem.com/drake/music/ygK_dzbI/drake-little-bit-feat-lykke-li/

No comments:

Post a Comment