Monday, August 8, 2016

BREAKING NEWS: It's Okay To Be Choosey


See I picks my friends like I pick my fruit
& Ganny told me that when I was only a youth
I don't walk around trying to be what I'm not
I don't waste my time trying ta get what you got
I work at pleasin' me cause I can't please you
and that's why I do what I do
My soul flies free like a willow tree
doo wee doo wee 
-Erykah Badu

There is some place in our life where we were taught not to discriminate against other people. However we were told to judge a man "by the content of his character. " As an entrepreneur it is pertinent to be selective of the people and projects you align with. 

 Every person you surround yourself with is both a reflection and contributor to who you are. That why it is believed that birds of a feather flock together. The simplest form of the Law of Attraction is like attracts like. Now if you think for a second you are not like the people you associate with, wait a few minutes and you will begin to see the resemblance. Since I was teenager I have said "you hang around garbage you will stink like trash." Inevitably the people and situations we involve ourselves will affect the results we yield, or produce.

Take inventory of who is in your circle. Don't be afraid to recognize who and what situations no longer serve you. Furthermore, take the courage to eliminate or dissociate. In the journey of entrepreneurship you will have to separate yourself from friends, long standing business partners, and sometimes family. The great teacher, Jesus, warns us that "A prophet is not without honor except in his own town, among his relatives and in his own home." So PLEASE STOP expecting your  people to support you. The Universe will methodically connect you with the proper resources to manifest your desire.

I like to surround myself with people who doing what I desire to do, not what Im doing and definitely what I used to do. And it healthy to be around genuine people, forget the ass kissers and brown-nosers. I don't need a pat on the back when I'm not living up to my potential; I would prefer a kick in the ass. Me and tribe keep it one hundred because we know we desire to be greater. Real friends and business partners will challenge you to exercise your power of potential to have wishes fulfilled, goals accomplished, mission complete.

I encourage you to find some new people to add to your tribe. Attend networking events, become a member of an industry related organization. Hell, go pop a squat at a local bar and see who and what you come across.

Here's the real challenge: make it your business to meet at least one new person per week. If you are the type of person who frequents social settings, add one a day. If you wanna be an A+ student, get your new contact's information and reach out to them within the following 24 hours. Think you can handle that? Never-mind, don't think about it, JUST DO IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment