Friday, August 26, 2016

Wish You Had More Confidence?


You ever seen one those people who obviously incapable, but has the position? No wait, the big ugly guy with the super model wife? Or what about the thot that has that kangaroo pouch hanging from under the crop top? For real, real... What about that business that doesn't know WTH they are doing, but getting paid top dollar? What's up with that? You know what all these people have in common? Simply said. CONFIDENCE.
 
I'll never forget the young lady who inspired the entrepreneur in me to come out hibernation. I'm at this empowerment workshop in Tampa, FL. Standing at the front of the room is the enterprising woman wearing the most ridiculous outfit, forgive me for judging, who didn't know much. I had the answer to every question she asked us, but she couldn't answer the one question I had for her. Really? I sat there and asked myself "what's the difference between she and I? Why was she leading the workshop instead of me? I knew more!" It didn't take long for me to figure out that she had that secret weapon most successful people possess, CONFIDENCE. However, by the end of the session, the other attendees were asking for my card instead of hers. Oops... I took like it was a booster shot of confidence and started my holdings company and opened an online resale shop. Yay me... but after a while that shot wore off. 

I want that ugly dude from high school who had no problem approaching the most popular girls and who continues to be just as certain 20 years later sending Facebook messages. lol But for real guys, it is confidence that may be standing between where you are and where you want to be. If you don't have high self-esteem and confidence, fake it til you make it. Hell yeah! Pretend you are wearing an S on your chest under that shirt or blouse! I dare you to go stand in the mirror with your hand on your hips, chest puffed up and out, with that super hero stance. Y'all know what Im talkin about. Un-huh. 


Mock the behaviors or verbiage of the most confident person you know, not the cocky asshole, who gets his way, but nobody's happy about it. Listen to some confidence affirmations and meditations. As matter of fact say your own affirmations in the mirror while you are doing your super-You pose. 
I am CONFIDENT. I am certain I am a champion. I am a winner. I am confidence. I am ambition. I am a rockstar. I am a badass. I am successful. I am powerful. I am the best. I am perseverance. I am fearless. I am courage. I am bravery. I am wonderfully and fearfully made. I am all that and a bag of chips! I AM CONFIDENT!

I love you. I believe in you! Be Happy. Be Healthy. Be You!


No comments:

Post a Comment