Wednesday, August 10, 2016

DIY: How To Remember People's Name When You Meet

You ever meet somebody, and within 30 to 60 seconds you don't remember their name. It has happened to the best of us are victims to this. So today I'll give you a quick lesson on remembering someone's name.

Science says that saying something three tines creates a new neural pathway. Don't ask me where I got this, but I learned it somewhere. And it works! So here we go. Let's say I introduce myself,
Me: Hi, I'm Mimi the Motivator, thank you for coming to support the event.
You: Mimi?
Me: Yes, Mimi.
You: Mimi, that's a pretty name Mimi.
Then I introduce you to my friend Miss Marilyn J. You would ask clarification,
You:"Miss Marilyn J?"
 She would reply "Yes." 
You: Okay, Miss Marilyn J. Do I have to say Miss Marilyn J?
At this point you have said her name three times. And if you have ever sat in on one of here sets you would know and she will have you saying "Miss Marilyn J!"

Until next time my friends, be happy, be healthy, be you!



No comments:

Post a Comment